Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can you edit my KITE RUNNER paragraph? 10 points!!?

My first impressions of the novel the"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini was that is was going to be a very tragic story. Before the audience even knows the protaginist name, we find out that a winder day in 1975 changed his. Right away, I predicted that Amir did something that he still regrets to this day. We find out that he has been trying to forget some secret for 26 years. After Baba's statement, "God help us all if Afghanistan ever falls into hands," I got the feeling that someone of great power was going to take over and control Afghanistan. I got the impression that Amir was jelous of Hassan. I got this impression because of when hassan points out the probelm of the plot of his story. I also got the feeling that Amir picked on Hassan because that was how he could let his anger out. Up to chapter 5 of the novel, Amir doesnt show anger to anyone else, I feel that he only feels comfortable critizing hassan because they are such good frieds. The only part I felt challenging about the novel was all of the characters names. The names sound the same in a way, that part I found a little confusing. I cannot specificall relatate any of my personal experiences to the novel, but however I can relate this novel to the novel NIGHT by Elie Wiesel. So far what I have read about the kite runner is that Amir is struggling with his past. While in the novel the night, Elie is struggling to survive the horrors of the Concentration camps. Both the novels are dealing with someone taking over their country. In the country it seems to me like the Taliban are going to takeover, and in the night it was the Germans who were in control of the Jewish. A question that I was wondering about the novel is why can Baba just accept that his son is not athletic and will not be a spectator? If I was Baba I would feel proud of my son that he was a talented reader and writer, and that sometime he might be a famous author. I also wondered why Amir is afraid to be Hassans true friend, i got the impression it was because he was a servent and didnt want people to think less of him. But i wonder is there more to that? From what I have read so far, i beleive that one of the themes of the novel will be friendship .The characters were well drawn and my heart went out to the trotting-old servant and Hassan. No one is sure of anything, certainly not their safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment