Wednesday, July 20, 2011

American moving to London?

I'm currently engaged to a London-er. He lives in West London now, but his parents own a place in Southall. I'm a white American, born and bred in Baltimore. He's an Indian, born in London. When we got together, we decided he'd be the one to move to the US. Recently, financial issues have crept up and it may actually be easier money-wise for me to move there and live in Southall (just for a year or so to save up more money before coming back to the US). Unfortunately, I've never been there, so I know nothing about the place. I know it's predominantly Indian type area, which is fine by me. But I only speak English. And I'm white. And I honestly am not the biggest fan of Indian food! (haha). I also don't wanna deal with a crime ridden city (I live on the outskirts of Baltimore, so I'm away from the heart of the crime). So, honestly...what's it like LIVING there? I hear visiting is an awesome experience - with the foods and shops and all. But I'd be spending every day there. Anyone got some help for me that's actually lived there??

No comments:

Post a Comment